MAGA Rages at Proposal to Put Joe Biden on Mount Rushmore



Several MAGA and Republican figures have criticized former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's proposal to add a carving of President Joe Biden to Mount Rushmore. Pelosi made this suggestion during a CBS News Sunday Morning interview, where she lauded Biden's accomplishments as his presidency approaches its end.

On July 21, Biden announced that he would not pursue reelection and endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris as the Democratic nominee for the 2024 presidential race. This decision came amid a campaign, reportedly influenced by Pelosi, to convince him to step down following a poorly received CNN debate. Pelosi, however, denied orchestrating any such effort, telling Lesley Stahl that she "didn't call one person."

Pelosi further asserted that Biden, having reached the "top of his game," is such a significant president that he deserves a place on Mount Rushmore alongside the likes of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln. When Stahl questioned whether she thought Biden "belongs" on the monument, Pelosi responded: "You have Teddy Roosevelt up there, and he's wonderful. I’m not saying to take him down, but you could add Biden."

The suggestion quickly drew mockery from Trump supporters and critics. South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem took to X, formerly Twitter, to dismiss Pelosi's idea, stating: "Sorry Nancy, Mount Rushmore is not a place to celebrate someone who lied about his mental decline, willfully and knowingly endangered the lives of the American people, crushed American families, undermined the Constitution, and weakened our country at home and abroad. Joe Biden's four years as President—with Kamala Harris being part of those radical policies and countless failures—will go down as the worst in American history."

The Republican National Committee's research account, affiliated with Trump's campaign, commented: "Crazy Nancy's delusions have reached a new level—saying Biden should be added to Mt. Rushmore." Roger Stone, a prominent Trump ally, responded with a sarcastic remark: "Somebody is drunk again," likely referring to the viral, manipulated videos from 2019 that made Pelosi appear inebriated.

Independent journalist Nick Sortor, known for his appearances on right-wing media, added: "Nancy Pelosi just told CBS Sunday Morning that Joe Biden should be added to Mt. Rushmore. I kid you not. Even liberal anchor Lesley Stahl was like 'what the hell?'"

In her interview, Pelosi also refuted claims that she spearheaded efforts to persuade Biden to withdraw from the 2024 race over concerns about his chances against Trump. "No, I wasn’t a leader of any pressure party," Pelosi said. "Well, let me clarify what I didn’t do. I didn’t call one person. I did not call one person. I can always say to him, 'I never called anybody.'"

She added: "What I’m saying is, I had confidence that the president would make the proper choice for our country, whatever that would be, and I said that. 'Whatever that is, we’ll go with.'"

Comments

  1. The Maga hypocrisy is disgusting. While Trump was still destroying the country, there was clamor to put him on Mount Rushmore. And all the complaints those people raise against Biden, actually do apply to Trump. Predsidents instrumental in preserving Democracy and setting the tenor for a better American future, are on Rushmore: Washington, for preventing a royal presidency; Jefferson for affirming the People; Lincoln for preserving freedom; Roosevelt for championing the environment and integration, as well as US autonomy; so it would not be wrong to celebrate Biden, who had to reestablish all of those, after Trump sold out to Russia, Saudi Arabia, money, and himself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment